    number. Thanks for the help in advance.
    -Jake

    , Mar 9, 2006

  2. By default, the ASP.NET membership providers enforce strong passwords.

    For example, the SqlMembershipProvider ensures that passwords are at
    least seven characters in length with at least one non-alphanumeric character.

    You should ensure that your membership provider configuration
    enforces passwords of at least this strength, for maximum security.

    If you want to lessen the password complexity rules enforced by your provider,
    you can set the following additional attributes in the providers section of your
    <membership defaultProvider...> element of web.config :

    minRequiredPasswordLength
    The default is 7.

    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters
    The default is 1.

    See :
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...ity.membership.minrequiredpasswordlength.aspx

    Why you would do that is beyond me, though.
    I would *never* lessen the security of my ASP.NET apps.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 10, 2006