how to change the document behaviour when submit the form in html.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by RK, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. RK

    RK Guest

    I have html page with EXIT/UPLOAD button. I just want to display
    progress bar and also cursor wait mode before executing the code
    inside the form_submit function.

    code snippet..

    function form1_onsubmit(form)
    {
    //code display the progress bar, set the cursor to wait and
    //disable the form.
    divProgress.style.display = "block";
    document.body.style.cursor = "wait";
    frmDoc.disabled = true;

    //code that performs the upload part.
    var xmldoc = xxx.somefunction();
    var errstr = xxx.anotherFunction();
    window.open("../abc.htm", "abc");
    }

    but problem here, it is displaying the progress bar, cursor mode
    change only after executing the later part of the code. Is there
    anyway around.

    thanx in advance.
    RK
    RK, Aug 10, 2004