how to change the document behaviour when submit the form in html.

RK

I have html page with EXIT/UPLOAD button. I just want to display
progress bar and also cursor wait mode before executing the code
inside the form_submit function.

code snippet..

function form1_onsubmit(form)
{
//code display the progress bar, set the cursor to wait and
//disable the form.
divProgress.style.display = "block";
document.body.style.cursor = "wait";
frmDoc.disabled = true;

//code that performs the upload part.
var xmldoc = xxx.somefunction();
var errstr = xxx.anotherFunction();
window.open("../abc.htm", "abc");
}

but problem here, it is displaying the progress bar, cursor mode
change only after executing the later part of the code. Is there
anyway around.

thanx in advance.
RK