How to change the TARGETDIR of a web setup project ?

Jéjé

Hi,

I want to create a deployment project of my web application.
But I want to force the target physical folder instead of the
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot" (or the root folder used by IIS)

how to do this?

thanks.

Jerome.

Brock Allen

The trick I've done in the past is to create the virtual directory first
then create a new web project in VS.NET with the same name. VS.NET then just
drops all the files into wherever you've configured that vdir.

Phil Wilson

I believe that the physical folder you specify still needs to be a virtual
directory before you can do that. The property used in a web setup is
TARGETVDIR, by the way.

Jéjé

well...

to be more precise:
the virtual directory must be /_layouts/<my vfolder>
the physical path is under the sharepoint folders (under the common files)

<my vfolder> is a fixed one as well as the physical folder

maybe I can create my own installer.
so any sample code to create a virtual directory from a custom cobe in
VB.NET (or C#)?

--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]

Jéjé said:
Hi,

I want to create a deployment project of my web application.
But I want to force the target physical folder instead of the
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot" (or the root folder used by IIS)

how to do this?

thanks.

Jerome.

Phil Wilson