    says "Tk". I would like to know how to change this. I would also like
    to know how to cjange it on any other popup windows I may have. Please
    help.

    Ali, Aug 16, 2004

  2. Ali

    Eric Brunel Guest

    Ali wrote:
    > When I open a window using the Tkinter GUI thing the title bar always
    > says "Tk". I would like to know how to change this. I would also like
    > to know how to cjange it on any other popup windows I may have. Please
    > help.

    Just use the 'title' method on your windows. See paragraph 45 in
    http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/index.htm

    HTH

    Eric Brunel, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Ali

    Ali Guest

    Eric Brunel <> wrote in message news:<cfpous$kcr$>...
    > Ali wrote:
    > > When I open a window using the Tkinter GUI thing the title bar always
    > > says "Tk". I would like to know how to change this. I would also like
    > > to know how to cjange it on any other popup windows I may have. Please
    > > help.

    > Just use the 'title' method on your windows. See paragraph 45 in
    > http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/index.htm
    >
    > HTH

    I looked at the website but I did not understand.

    Um.... is this right? It is supposed to show a window with the
    titlebar showing The Title.

    from Tkinter import *

    root = Tk()

    root.title("The Title")

    root.mainloop()

    Ali, Aug 17, 2004
  4. On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:17:30 -0700, Ali wrote:
    > Um.... is this right? It is supposed to show a window with the
    > titlebar showing The Title.

    Did it work when you tried it? That is the answer to your question. (Why
    do you want to wait hours or days for some stranger to tell you what the
    copy of Python sitting in front of you will do with 4 lines of code?)

    Jeremy Bowers, Aug 18, 2004
  5. Ali

    Beeyah Guest

    (Ali) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Eric Brunel <> wrote in message news:<cfpous$kcr$>...
    > > Ali wrote:
    > > > When I open a window using the Tkinter GUI thing the title bar always
    > > > says "Tk". I would like to know how to change this. I would also like
    > > > to know how to cjange it on any other popup windows I may have. Please
    > > > help.

    > > Just use the 'title' method on your windows. See paragraph 45 in
    > > http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/index.htm
    > >
    > > HTH

    > I looked at the website but I did not understand.
    >
    > Um.... is this right? It is supposed to show a window with the
    > titlebar showing The Title.
    >
    > from Tkinter import *
    >
    > root = Tk()
    >
    > root.title("The Title")