How to change the X and Y coordinates for a .NET WebForm Hyperlink

jarrett.roberts

I am relatively new with C# and ASP.NET. I created an application
using WinForms in which I have several hyperlinks. I want their
position on the webpage to be determined (dynamically) based on the
state of the user. I have been checking online, but I can't find
anywhere that explains how I can change the position (coordinates) of
my HyperLink object in a way similar to below:

Hyperlink h;

h.X = 124;
h.Y = 212;

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Jarrett

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

normally this would be done in client script, as only client script can get
the actual rendered layout positions. any good javascript book will tell how
to walk the dom to calc and set postitions.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

jarrett.roberts

bruce said:
normally this would be done in client script, as only client script can get
the actual rendered layout positions. any good javascript book will tell how
to walk the dom to calc and set postitions.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

When I say the state of the user, I am referring to the state of
variables that were passed into the program prior to the loading of the
page. I am not referring to the client environment variables. For
example:

if(var == true)
{
place link in col 1
}
else
{
place link nin col 2
}

This is just an idea of what I'm doing. Since this really has nothing
to do with the client environment or interaction, I would think there
would be a non-client way of solving it.