How to change VBScript to VB code behind file

Sean

Hi,

I need a pop-up window for user to confirm change. The default button is the
second option (No). As the user only use IE, I think the VBScript is an
option. The following code only works for html button. I wonder how I can
change it to VB code behind file and use a server control.

Thanks.

<script language="VBScript">
Sub cmdDelete()
Dim vbResponse
vbResponse = MsgBox("are you sure you want to delete?", vbYesNo +
vbCritical+ vbDefaultButton2, "Title")

If vbResponse = vbYes Then
' do something
Else
' Label1.Text = "do not do delete"
End If
End Sub
</script>

Marina

The only way to do that, is if you controls outputs the javascript you have
there.

VBScript and VB.NET code behind - are not related in any way. The former is
a client side scripting language, while the latter is a server side compiled
language. No relation.

Your VB.NET would have to generated this VBScript code, for it to run.

Sean

Marina,

Thanks for your reply.

If I am correct, javascript doesn't allow me to set the default button to
the 2nd option (e.g. No.). If VBScript doesn't work here, in this case, what
option do I have for implementation?

Thanks for your input.

Cor

Hi Sean,
I used for this example a webform with one textbox and two buttons on it
(named Buttonyes and ButtonNo.)
System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
TextBox1.Text = "are you sure you want to delete?"
End Sub

Private Sub ButtonNo_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonNo.Click
TextBox1.Text = "do something"
End Sub

Private Sub Buttonyes_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles Buttonyes.Click
TextBox1.Text = "do not delete"
End Sub
See yourself how it works
Cor

James Zhuo

Marina said:
The only way to do that, is if you controls outputs the javascript you have
there.

VBScript and VB.NET code behind - are not related in any way. The former is
a client side scripting language, while the latter is a server side compiled
language. No relation.

Well, VBScript is used for ASP, so it's not necessarily used on the client
side.

I think you can reuse that code, only that you have to bind it to the
control/button
that you want to use.

Sean

How can I bind it to a control/button, then?
I tried Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick", "VBscriptFunctionName();") in
Page_Load, but it is not working either.

Thanks.