How To check for changed user roles?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Trollpower, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. Trollpower

    Trollpower Guest

    Hello NG,

    Ive got authentication mode Forms activated in web.config. Now I have
    also 2 pages. Page 'A' needs role '1' to be accessed while page 'B'
    needs role '2' to be accessed. When the user starts at page 'A' he gets
    redirected to the login-page as stated in the web.config file. From
    page 'A' he can switch to page 'B' which needs a different role for
    access (role '2' in this case). If the user switches to page 'B' he
    gets redirected to the login-page, too. But if the user clicks on a
    button on page 'B' to return to page 'A' he didnt get redirected to the
    login-page, alltogh he has the wrong role to access page 'A'.

    Does anyone know why the user didnt get redirected to the login-page or
    how i can force to do this if the roles are wrong? It seems to me that
    asp.net stores the information which pages the user allready has
    visited somehow.

    Thanks in advance

    Jens
    Trollpower, Aug 2, 2005