How to check if Outlook is running

tomapi69

Hello,
I've found some conflicts between Outlook, SVG Plugin and some JRE. I
would like to be able to detect if Outlook is currently running from IE
so I could warn the user of possible crash.

Is there a way to know if Outlook is currently running from IE?

Thanks,

Thomas.

Erwin Moller

Hello,
I've found some conflicts between Outlook, SVG Plugin and some JRE. I
would like to be able to detect if Outlook is currently running from IE
so I could warn the user of possible crash.

Is there a way to know if Outlook is currently running from IE?

Thanks,

Thomas.

Hi Thomas,

If your app crashes Outlook is probably running.
;-)

Seriously, I don't think JavaScript can access such information.
Maybe you can pull the trick via VBscript instead of JavaScript. VBscript
has many (unsafe) features.

Regards,
Erwin Moller