how to check if row is invisible

adeveloper

I have a tbody which is invisible (CSS set to display none). When I am
going through all rows in the whole table, how do I find out which
rows are visible to the user and which are invisible?

All invisible rows are in invisible tbodies. Maybe it is possible to
check if parent (tbody) is visible to determine if a row is visible?

It appears that FireFox does not support current style property.

David Mark

I have a tbody which is invisible (CSS set to display none). When I am
going through all rows in the whole table, how do I find out which
rows are visible to the user and which are invisible?

How did they get to be "invisible?"
All invisible rows are in invisible tbodies. Maybe it is possible to
check if parent (tbody) is visible to determine if a row is visible?

It appears that FireFox does not support current style property.

But, as with most modern browsers (except IE), it supports
getComputedStyle. IE's "current style" is not appropriate for this as
the cascaded style may not match the computed style.

Bart Van der Donck

adeveloper said:
I have a tbody which is invisible (CSS set to display none). When I am
going through all rows in the whole table, how do I find out which
rows are visible to the user and which are invisible?

All invisible rows are in invisible tbodies. Maybe it is possible to
check if parent (tbody) is visible to determine if a row is visible?

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title>Visible and invisible rows</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
function visible_rows() {
var r = '';
var obj = document.getElementById('t').getElementsByTagName('tr')
for (var i = 0; i < obj.length; ++i) {
r += 'Row ' + (i+1) + ' = ';
obj.parentNode.style.display == 'none' ? r += 'invisible\n'
: r += 'visible\n'
}
alert(r)
}