How to check if the connectivity is via Ethernet or dial-up

jb

Hi all:

I was just wondering if there is a way to check (using python
scripting) whether the computer's connectivity is via Dial-up or
LAN/Ethernet adaptor? Is there a way in python to check the status of
all available Ethernet adaptors? If not is there a way to achieve this
by just checking some network parameters using System module?.

Please help.

Thanks,
-JS

Roy Smith

"jb said:
Hi all:

I was just wondering if there is a way to check (using python
scripting) whether the computer's connectivity is via Dial-up or
LAN/Ethernet adaptor? Is there a way in python to check the status of
all available Ethernet adaptors? If not is there a way to achieve this
by just checking some network parameters using System module?.

The best I could suggest is get the pysnmp module, and that to poke around
in the interface table (assuming your box is running an SNMP agent).