How to check record duplication before saving?

Todd Benson

Yeah, it's funny. That may sound like an exaggeration, but after you
add up the flight cost and motel stay, it probably was more like
$1200/hr. The guy worked about 4 hours per day for a total of 3 or 4
days.

Oh, I should mention, ara, that the company I worked for charged
almost as much for support. It's actually in your neck of the woods
:)

Todd

Todd Benson

Oh, I should mention, ara, that the company I worked for charged
almost as much for support. It's actually in your neck of the woods
:)

Is there some fascinating reason why the recent mails I've been
writing are homo-erotic? Hmm... the estrogen dose might be a little
high.

I was simply trying to say that...

The company I worked for was based in Boulder, CO, and that they had
some serious financial issues that was unfortunately laid on my
shoulders. The only way to solve it, IMHO, was to redesign the
schema, which, of course, was not an option. How does this apply to
Ruby? Well, I think if I knew Ruby then, I might have been able to
alter the schema of the db correctly.

BTW, if you need serious backup capability, check out
http://www.spectralogic.com. And no, that's not a shameless plug. I
assure you they will have nothing particularly good to say about me.

Todd

Frank Tsao

Thank you everyone, I have found out the solution which is
"validates_uniqueness_of". The statement as below,

validates_uniqueness_of :A, :scope => :B

Frank