    traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
    that matter on any site?

    thanks.
    Paul, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Paul

    saz Guest

    In article <F6vLf.13378$Em2.7879@trndny05>, lid says...
    > Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
    > independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six months
    > for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats or
    > traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
    > that matter on any site?
    >
    > thanks.

    You get what you pay for.

    You might be able to add your own stats program as long as you have
    access to a cgi bin, but it may not be available at that price.
    saz, Feb 24, 2006

  3. Paul

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Paul quothed:

    > Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
    > independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six months
    > for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats or
    > traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
    > that matter on any site?

    You can try something like this:

    http://www.statcounter.com/

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Feb 24, 2006
  4. Paul

    Jimmy Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > With neither quill nor qualm, Paul quothed:
    >
    >> Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
    >> independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six months
    >> for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats or
    >> traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
    >> that matter on any site?

    > You can try something like this:
    >
    > http://www.statcounter.com/

    www.googleanalytics.com !!!!!

    the only way to go
    Jimmy, Feb 24, 2006
  5. Paul

    Jim Higson Guest

    Jimmy wrote:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >> With neither quill nor qualm, Paul quothed:
    >>
    >>> Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a
    >>> site?...somewhere
    >>> independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six
    >>> months for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like
    >>> stats or
    >>> traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or
    >>> for that matter on any site?

    >> You can try something like this:
    >>
    >> http://www.statcounter.com/
    >>

    > www.googleanalytics.com !!!!!
    >
    > the only way to go

    If you get invited!

    Are they doing the thing they did with Gmail where users can invite other
    users, or do you have to wait for Google to tell you you're worthy of using
    their service?

    --
    Jim
    Jim Higson, Feb 24, 2006
  6. Paul

    Jim Higson Guest

    Paul wrote:

    > Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
    > independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six
    > months for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats
    > or
    > traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
    > that matter on any site?

    Does the host give you the Apache log files? If so there are a range of
    programs to analyse these.
    Jim Higson, Feb 24, 2006