    to change, modify or add active directory security groups.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks

    rote, Nov 14, 2007

  2. Hello rote,

    Did u consider using standard role-base security with User.IsInRole method?

    ---
    WBR,

    r> My sceanrio is this on an asp.net 2.0 freamework.
    r> I want to use any of the data controls e.g Gridview,DetailView etc..
    r> But i want some buttons e.g update,edit save etc to be enable or
    r> disabled
    r> based on if they belong to some security groups in active
    r> directory.
    r> I'm looking for the best options for this because i want to store
    r> those
    r> security groups somewhere and then check for the
    r> user against those security groups for their authorisation when they
    r> lunch
    r> the application.
    r> Preferably i would like to store them in an xml file and then write
    r> an API
    r> to change, modify or add active directory security groups.
    r> Any ideas would be appreciated.
    r> Thanks

    Michael Nemtsev [MVP], Nov 14, 2007

  3. rote

    rote Guest

    Def YES.
    But what 'm consideriing is how i'm going to store the AD sceurity GROUPS i
    want to validate the users against.
    I would like to have
    <ActiveDirectory>
    <groups>Tove</groups>
    </note></ActiveDirectory>
    then using the IsinRole method i would like to loop through the groups
    node..Is that achievable?

    rote, Nov 15, 2007