How to choose index component?

Hongbo

Hi,

I need to add a new search function using index component to
our online store. Should I use Microsoft Index Server or third party
component?

Performance is the key issue we concern. Our purchase budget
is about $3000 if we need to buy a component. Our site is written
is ASP.Net using C# running on Windows 2003 Standard Server.
The database base used is SQL Server 2000. Would you please
give me some recommendation or web links to help me to make
the decision?

Thank you

Hongbo