How to clear the querystring?

Davids

when using the page to POST (from a form) I want the page's querystring to
be cleared, how do I do that?

Davids

don't you think that is a waste of resources, there must be some way to the
property server side so the form action="..." string is clear of parameters
on next roundtrip...

Patrice

You could use JavaScript to alter the action attribute handled automatically
by ASP.NET or ignore just the querystring if you have some other piece of
information handy and left it intact.

The exact reason for clearing the querystring may help to raise better
suggestions...

Patrice

Davids

well I am doing a hangman page. The form is reset when I press a (href) link
for "new game" which then uses a querystring. I know there are other methods
but I'd still like to know if this way is possible...

Patrice

See above. It's likely best to always use the same way to submit
informations...

You could also ignore the query string if the method is POST. For simplicity
you could use GET and a special value for the new letter would indicate a
restart... etc...

Patrice