How to close a form

Steven Malcolm

Hello

I am totally new to HTML.

What I need is a way to close a form, i have already tried to use code like

<form>
<input type="button" value="Close Window" onClick="self.close()">
</form>

But this brings another little form saying that the form is trying to close
the window.

What I need is a button, but oes not ask if you want to close the for, just
closes.

TIA

Steven

Mark Parnell

What I need is a way to close a form

But this brings another little form saying that the form is trying to close
the window.

So you actually want to close the window, not a form. See that X in the
top right-hand corner of the window? That's what that is for.

dave conz

Steven said:
Hello

I am totally new to HTML.

What I need is a way to close a form, i have already tried to use code like

<form>
<input type="button" value="Close Window" onClick="self.close()">
</form>

But this brings another little form saying that the form is trying to close
the window.

What I need is a button, but oes not ask if you want to close the for, just
closes.

TIA

Steven
The alert you are seeing is a browser function, quite rightly informing
the user that something on the page is trying to close the window. You
cannot change it.
-dave

SpaceGirl

dave conz said:
The alert you are seeing is a browser function, quite rightly informing
the user that something on the page is trying to close the window. You
cannot change it.
-dave

Yes you can :) If the browser window was "created" (popped-up) by a script,
then the the window.close(); event will not trigger the message if the child
window or the parent window triggers the event... But if it's a regular
window, you cant avoid the message.