    using the service if one server down, and the application variable is
    still keeping.

    How can I do so?

    bm, Jul 18, 2005

  2. bm

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Are the variables read-only? If so, you don't have much of a problem
    initialize each one on each server and let it fly.

    Assuming they aren't, things are A LOT more complexe. You'll need to apply
    a concurrency locker in a shared resource (database, either roll your own or
    use sproc transactions), store the values in a stored resource (database)
    and likely use caching or some other mechanism. This is similar to how
    session state works when you specify SQL Server or StateServer.

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    come!)