How to cluster "application variable"?

bm

I have few application variables storing shared important info in the
IIS5 server.

Now I want to cluster the web server so that users can still keeping
using the service if one server down, and the application variable is
still keeping.

How can I do so?

Karl Seguin

Are the variables read-only? If so, you don't have much of a problem
initialize each one on each server and let it fly.

Assuming they aren't, things are A LOT more complexe. You'll need to apply
a concurrency locker in a shared resource (database, either roll your own or
use sproc transactions), store the values in a stored resource (database)
and likely use caching or some other mechanism. This is similar to how
session state works when you specify SQL Server or StateServer.

Karl