?How to code for printing image to fill page.

gil

How would I code a page to allow the user to click a thumbnail and
initiate the printout of the full PAGE image, which should be identical
to the picture printed from a .pdf download? Can I do it directly, or do
I have to open a separate pop-up window?

I am a newbie, but I managed to teach myself enough HTML and CSS to
construct a small site, relating to my employment where I work with
children. One of the features allows the kids to download pictures that
they can color and submit to my 'art' gallery.

I have the original coloring pages in .gif format. The web page uses a
smaller .jpg thumbnail (203px x 165px) for display, with a link to
download a .pdf file of the original image, which is pre-sized to fit a
letter sized sheet of paper. Presently the .pdf format is the only
method of downloading the image from my site.

There are still some die-hards who do not wish to install the free
Acrobat Reader on their machines, and I wish to give them an
alternative, provided that the resultant pages are nearly identical to
each other.

Thanks

Gil

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

gil said:
There are still some die-hards who do not wish to install the free
Acrobat Reader on their machines

Would they be interested in the free FoxItReader? Far less intrusive to
the computer than the Adobe product, and only a 1.2 megabyte zip file to
download. Unzip and run the .exe file.

http://foxitsoftware.com/

Jose

How would I code a page to allow the user to click a thumbnail and initiate the printout of the full PAGE image, which should be identical to the picture printed from a .pdf download? Can I do it directly, or do I have to open a separate pop-up window?

I don't know the code, but from a user perspective, I would certainly
not want the printer to start unless I was given an opportunity to do a
preview, choose the number of copies, the number of pictures per sheet,
the paper size, and all that other stuff that printers can do
differently from each other. I've run into too many places (even
regular programs - TurboTax is a big offender) where the printer simply
starts up and spits out stuff I don't want, using my paper, ink, and
sometimes my good stationary.

Let the user have access to the original .gif, and print it the way they
want.

Jose