How to code such program?

yezi

Hi ,all:

How to code such function:

One program "A" running in the middle , triggel another program "B",
then "A" and "B" run at same time ?

I cannot figure it out . thanks for any help.

David Resnick

yezi said:
Hi ,all:

How to code such function:

One program "A" running in the middle , triggel another program "B",
then "A" and "B" run at same time ?

I cannot figure it out . thanks for any help.

This question is off topic in this group -- not in standard C.

<OT> ask in a newsgroup appropriate to your system about fork (may
be helpful). Also, possible that system("B &"); will do
something useful. But issues with those are system specific,
and should be discussed elsewhere </OT>

-David

Walter Roberson

How to code such function:
One program "A" running in the middle , triggel another program "B",
then "A" and "B" run at same time ?
I cannot figure it out . thanks for any help.

See my rely in your other thread.

The short summary is:

There is NO standard way to do that in standard C.
There might or might not be methods provided by your operating system,
but those are not part of the C standard and you need to ask elsewhere
about those.

Emmanuel Delahaye

yezi a ¨¦crit :
Hi ,all:

How to code such function:

One program "A" running in the middle , triggel another program "B",
then "A" and "B" run at same time ?

I cannot figure it out . thanks for any help.

There is no standard C solution. More or less standard extensions exist
(like the POSIX Threads). Note that if you have only one processor, true
concurrent execution is not possible.

Ethan Meyers

this is as simple as sex. once you start doing a girl, make a command
that another one doing another girl or your girl. when you finish, halt
the other one.