    him code snippets that he cuts and pastes into the .asp pages.

    Any feedback and possible solutions are appreciated.

    Paul

    Paul E, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Paul E

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 18 Aug 2004 07:01:17 -0700, (Paul E) wrote:

    >I'm interested in knowing if anyone else has the same problems I do,
    >and how they deal with them.
    >
    >Our website has 4 database-driven applications.
    >
    >I use ASP & IIS 6 (localhost) to gather data from SQL200 to display
    >content, but the look of the site keeps changing. The other developer
    >uses Dreamweaver, and we are at a development standstill. His use of
    >.CSS and #Includes crash my development box, so I'm reduced to sending
    >him code snippets that he cuts and pastes into the .asp pages.
    >
    >Any feedback and possible solutions are appreciated.

    There's no ASP solution, or even a technical one, to a personal
    problem. Either you work together, or you don't, but whatever you
    decide it can't be solved by the simple application of ASP.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Paul E

    Ray at Guest

    Well, for one thing, if that person is simply concerned with appearances and
    uses Dreamweaver, I wouldn't call him a developer. ;]

    I have this same problem where I work. The best thing that I've come up
    with so far is to put all my asp code outside of the page designed by our
    designer. So, she gives me this:

    file.asp:
    <head>
    <script language="JavaScript">
    function MM_someNonsense {}
    function MM_moreNonsense {}
    function MM_IhateWYSIWYG {}
    function MM_UseTextpad {}
    function MM_OrAtLeastNotepad {}
    </script>
    Prime rate is PUT PRIME RATE HERE, RAY.

    I return this to her:
    file.asp:
    <% Call PageLoad() %>
    <!-- #include file="DoNotOpenInDreamweaver.asp" -->
    <head>
    <script language="JavaScript">
    function MM_someNonsense {}
    function MM_moreNonsense {}
    function MM_IhateWYSIWYG {}
    function MM_UseTextpad {}
    function MM_OrAtLeastNotepad {}
    </script>
    Prime rate is <%=sPrime%>

    DoNotOpenInDreamweaver.asp:
    <%
    Dim sPrime
    Sub PageLoad()
    '''code, code code
    sPrime = someResultOfSomeCoding '4.50% today!
    End Sub
    %>

    If she ever goes and opens file.asp in Dreamweaver again, she should be able
    to redesign as she likes. Basically, all I'm trying to do is keep my code
    out of her files. This isn't working out too badly. There is no real
    solution though. Just make fun of the person using Dreamweaver until he is
    really embarrassed. Then buy him a Textpad license.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Paul E

    Roland Hall Guest

    :
    : Our website has 4 database-driven applications.
    :
    : I use ASP & IIS 6 (localhost) to gather data from SQL200 to display
    : content, but the look of the site keeps changing. The other developer
    : uses Dreamweaver, and we are at a development standstill. His use of
    : .CSS and #Includes crash my development box, so I'm reduced to sending
    : him code snippets that he cuts and pastes into the .asp pages.
    :
    : Any feedback and possible solutions are appreciated.

    Smith & Wesson

    Enough said.

    --
    Roland Hall