How to combine both LEFT and VbCrLf thingy to a single field while displaying

techy techno

I have used thecode which is below to get x characters on to display
<%= LEFT(rsName.Fields.Item("columnname").Value,50)%>

It works fine but when I use this same code to get x characters plus
display
it using VBCRLF, with the <br> with writing the code :

<%=Replace LEFT
(Recordset1.Fields.Item("Detail").Value,VbCrLf,"<br><br>",50)%>

it gives me error so please can you tell me how can i trim the
characaters
and at the same time use VBCRLF.

why does this above code with LEFT + vbCrLF doesn't work please help

thanks

Evertjan.

techy techno wrote on 23 nov 2003 in comp.lang.javascript:
it using VBCRLF, with the <br> with writing the code :

DO NOT multipost !

Already answered in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

Also this is vbscript so OT !