How to communicate with Java programs on database server?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tracey, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. Tracey

    Tracey Guest

    I have a problem on communication between ASP.NET and
    Java code. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

    Our core processing code and database and database server
    reside in a remote machine whose platform is Linux. The
    core processing code is written with Java.

    Now I'm trying to implement scripting code to communicate
    with the back-end database dynamatically.

    I know there must be ways to do that. I just don't know
    which one works best. So far, I'm thinking to code with
    ASP.NET. But in our situation, I may still need a web
    server, say IIS. Since IIS cannot be set up on Linux
    platform, is it possible to set up another windows server
    as a web server and run ASP.Net code on the windows
    machine? If yes, how can I communicate with the Java code
    on database server ?

    Thanks a lot!
    Tracey, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Tracey

    Wayne Citrin Guest

    Tracey --

    There are a couple of ways to do this, depending on your needs. Web
    services are one. A Java/.NET bridging solution such as our JNBridgePro
    product is another. See www.jnbridge.com, or contact me for more
    information.

    Regards,
    Wayne Citrin