How to compile a subfolder into a DLL?

Guest

Hi there, we have a big ecommerce site contains lots of services which is
developed by different teams. But physically there are on the same site just
different folders. here is what I want to do :

1. Compile each service folder into a separated DLL.Note I don't think
aspnet_compiler works for me since all these services is not stand-alone
application. But I definitely don't want to compile the whole site as one
since each service has their own release schedule.

2. In this multiple-teams-parallel-developing case, how do I setup the
asp.net solution to help each team only see what they need ,meanwhile they
still can run the whole site or reference the common controls? I don't want
to bring up the whole site for each team , but it's kind of irrelevant for
their work.

Appreciate any inspiriting thought.

walter

Thank you , Juan. I guess Microsoft realize the stupid mistake. One more
question -- is it safe to use the current beta version of this web app
project? I don't want to mess up my project ,also I can live with "deploy
all" for a while.

Thanks for the advice.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
is it safe to use the current beta version of this web app project?

Scott Guthrie mentioned that the app would be declared 1.0 last week,
and wouldn't be beta any more, in response to a question similar to yours
in our private newsgroups.

He also said that it was ready.

I don't know the reason for the delay, but am fairly certain that the app doesn't
have major bugs, or Scott wouldn't have expressed his confidence so strongly.

You may want to keep an eye on his blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu
since he has said that's where he'll announce its release.