how to compile applet checking plugin ver

Discussion in 'Java' started by Artur Mironczuk, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. Hello,
    I am new with java.
    I need to know how to compile applet (which jsdk version or which
    parameters) that determines all plugin version (microsoft also).
    I wrote sth like that:

    import java.applet.*;
    import java.awt.*;

    public class Test extends Applet {

    public String javaVendor()
    { return java.lang.System.getProperty("java.vendor"); }
    public String javaVersion()
    { return java.lang.System.getProperty("java.version"); }
    }

    I call the javaVersion() from html javascript function.
    The only problem is that if i compile the source by jvm 1.3 then
    applet resolve every higher plugin version but don't microsoft (1.1.4)
    or lower.
    How to fix this problem, how compile this applet?
    Please help!

    With regards
    Artur

    Artur Mironczuk, Dec 6, 2004

  2. On 6 Dec 2004 15:14:19 -0800, Artur Mironczuk wrote:

    > ..How to fix this problem, how compile this applet?

    javac -target 1.1 *.java
    <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/javac.html#crosscomp-options>

    HTH

    BTW - An X-posting* of ..
    comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.lang.java.security,comp.lang.java.help
    is too wide for this simple problem. c.l.j.s. is off-topic, and it is
    unwise to x-post between c.l.j.p. and c.l.j.h. . I will set the follo-ups
    to c.l.j.help. Please restrict your posts to that group for the moment.

    * <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 7, 2004