how to compile applet checking plugin ver

Artur Mironczuk

Hello,
I am new with java.
I need to know how to compile applet (which jsdk version or which
parameters) that determines all plugin version (microsoft also).
I wrote sth like that:

import java.applet.*;
import java.awt.*;

public class Test extends Applet {

public String javaVendor()
{ return java.lang.System.getProperty("java.vendor"); }
public String javaVersion()
{ return java.lang.System.getProperty("java.version"); }
}

I call the javaVersion() from html javascript function.
The only problem is that if i compile the source by jvm 1.3 then
applet resolve every higher plugin version but don't microsoft (1.1.4)
or lower.
How to fix this problem, how compile this applet?
Please help!

With regards
Artur

Andrew Thompson

..How to fix this problem, how compile this applet?

javac -target 1.1 *.java
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/javac.html#crosscomp-options>

HTH

BTW - An X-posting* of ..
comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.lang.java.security,comp.lang.java.help
is too wide for this simple problem. c.l.j.s. is off-topic, and it is
unwise to x-post between c.l.j.p. and c.l.j.h. . I will set the follo-ups
to c.l.j.help. Please restrict your posts to that group for the moment.

* <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>