how to compile c-extensions under WinXP?

Guest

What should I do to be able to compile C-extensions (with python 2.4,
winXP)? I get an error message, approximately "The .NET Framework SDK
needs to be installed"; I tried to get something from the Microsoft web
site, but maybe not the right version (or didn't set some variables),
since the error remains. Could you please help me (it will need some
patience with a computer newbie)?

Peter Notebaert

What should I do to be able to compile C-extensions (with python 2.4,
winXP)? I get an error message, approximately "The .NET Framework SDK
needs to be installed"; I tried to get something from the Microsoft web
site, but maybe not the right version (or didn't set some variables),
since the error remains. Could you please help me (it will need some
patience with a computer newbie)?

You need the Microsoft .NET Visual Studio environment. A stripped and free
version is available at http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/
However I am not sure if everything will work with this stripped version.

Peter