    Does anyone have any idea how I can compile these files into a dll??

    Thanks in advance for any help at all.

    Justin

    aze, Nov 1, 2006

  2. On 1 Nov 2006 08:41:46 -0800, "aze" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am by no means a c programmer... far too difficult a language for the
    >likes of me :)
    >
    >I have a 2 c files (pdfp.c, PrinterUtils.c) and 1 .h file
    >(PrinterUtils.h) and 1 .mak file (pdfp.mak). What I need to do is
    >compile these files into a dll so I can use them in my asp.net
    >application.
    >
    >Does anyone have any idea how I can compile these files into a dll??
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any help at all.
    >
    >Justin

    You posted this 30 minutes ago under a different title. Usenet is not
    a chat room. You need to give your message time to circulate and
    people time to respond.

    Remove del for email

    Barry Schwarz, Nov 1, 2006

  3. aze

    Bill Medland Guest

    aze wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am by no means a c programmer... far too difficult a language for the
    > likes of me :)
    >
    > I have a 2 c files (pdfp.c, PrinterUtils.c) and 1 .h file
    > (PrinterUtils.h) and 1 .mak file (pdfp.mak). What I need to do is
    > compile these files into a dll so I can use them in my asp.net
    > application.
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea how I can compile these files into a dll??
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help at all.
    >
    > Justin

    Presumably from what you have said you are doing this on Microsoft Windows.
    You would be better addressing this to
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
    If you are lucky then it is as simple as:
    1. Open a "Command Prompt" window
    2. Change directory to where the three files are stored.
    3. Type "nmake -f pdfp.mak"

    If you are unlucky then ask there.
    --
    Bill Medland

    Bill Medland, Nov 1, 2006
  4. aze

    Flash Gordon Guest

    aze wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am by no means a c programmer... far too difficult a language for the
    > likes of me :)
    >
    > I have a 2 c files (pdfp.c, PrinterUtils.c) and 1 .h file
    > (PrinterUtils.h) and 1 .mak file (pdfp.mak). What I need to do is
    > compile these files into a dll so I can use them in my asp.net
    > application.
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea how I can compile these files into a dll??

    Use a compilation system that supports whatever sort of file the .mak
    file is.

    > Thanks in advance for any help at all.

    I suggest asking where ever you got the files from. We deal with
    standard C here, not the vagaries of every implementation or identifying
    which of the many implementations a given set of files were written for.
    --
    Flash Gordon

    Flash Gordon, Nov 1, 2006
  5. On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:41:46 UTC, "aze"
    <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am by no means a c programmer... far too difficult a language for the
    > likes of me :)
    >
    > I have a 2 c files (pdfp.c, PrinterUtils.c) and 1 .h file
    > (PrinterUtils.h) and 1 .mak file (pdfp.mak). What I need to do is
    > compile these files into a dll so I can use them in my asp.net
    > application.
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea how I can compile these files into a dll??

    You'll need a compiler that compiles your c files and a linker that
    will be able to link the object files the compiler produces.

    > Thanks in advance for any help at all.

    The rest is off topic on this group. Go to a programming roup that
    handles your OS.

    --
    Tschau/Bye
    Herbert