    Many thanks for your help.

    Olaf
    , Dec 5, 2006

  2. Ravi Teja Guest

    wrote:
    > How do I compile omniORBpy 3.0 on Windows? The readme.txt file seems
    > to talk only about how to do this on Unix. Unfortenuately, I can not
    > use the binary because I need to use Python 2.3.5. (and the binary
    > requires that I use Python 2.4).
    >
    > I tried to copy the omniORBpy 3.0 source code to top\src\lib of omniORB
    > 4.1 and then tried to execute a "make export" in top\src (this did not
    > compile omniORBpy). I also tried a "make export" in
    > top\src\lib\omniORBpy-3.0 and this fails.
    >
    > Note, I was able to compile omniORB 4.1 on Windows w/o a problem. I am
    > using VS .NET 2003 (VC 7) on W2K.
    >
    > Many thanks for your help.

    This is certainly not the best advice. But how about just downloading
    an older release which did support Python 2.3 (unless you want the
    latest and greatest)?
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/om...python2.3.zip?modtime=1115987834&big_mirror=1

    Hopefully you will get a more pertinent reply from the OmniORB mailing
    list :).
    Ravi Teja, Dec 5, 2006