How to compile omniORBpy on Windows?

OlafMeding

How do I compile omniORBpy 3.0 on Windows? The readme.txt file seems
to talk only about how to do this on Unix. Unfortenuately, I can not
use the binary because I need to use Python 2.3.5. (and the binary
requires that I use Python 2.4).

I tried to copy the omniORBpy 3.0 source code to top\src\lib of omniORB
4.1 and then tried to execute a "make export" in top\src (this did not
compile omniORBpy). I also tried a "make export" in
top\src\lib\omniORBpy-3.0 and this fails.

Note, I was able to compile omniORB 4.1 on Windows w/o a problem. I am
using VS .NET 2003 (VC 7) on W2K.

Many thanks for your help.

Olaf

Ravi Teja

How do I compile omniORBpy 3.0 on Windows? The readme.txt file seems
to talk only about how to do this on Unix. Unfortenuately, I can not
use the binary because I need to use Python 2.3.5. (and the binary
requires that I use Python 2.4).

I tried to copy the omniORBpy 3.0 source code to top\src\lib of omniORB
4.1 and then tried to execute a "make export" in top\src (this did not
compile omniORBpy). I also tried a "make export" in
top\src\lib\omniORBpy-3.0 and this fails.

Note, I was able to compile omniORB 4.1 on Windows w/o a problem. I am
using VS .NET 2003 (VC 7) on W2K.

Many thanks for your help.

This is certainly not the best advice. But how about just downloading
an older release which did support Python 2.3 (unless you want the
latest and greatest)?
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/om...python2.3.zip?modtime=1115987834&big_mirror=1

Hopefully you will get a more pertinent reply from the OmniORB mailing
list :).