How to configure IIS to use pre-compiled website?

yashgt

Hi,

We have a virtual directory MyApp that uses ASP .NET v2.0.50727, under
which we have kept the source code(aspx, ascx and vb), as well as a
bin directory in which we have the pre-compiled DLLs obtained from
aspnet_compiler. When we access pages from the application, we still
see cached files created on the server, under "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET
\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files"
It looks like the framework does not use the precompiled files and
compiles on first access as usual.

How do we configure the application so that ASP .NET runs the pre-
compiled files?

Please note that on the server on which we deploy, there is no Visual
Studio to be able to Publish the website.

Thanks,
Yash

Michael Nemtsev

Hello (e-mail address removed),
We have a virtual directory MyApp that uses ASP .NET v2.0.50727, under
which we have kept the source code(aspx, ascx and vb), as well as a
bin directory in which we have the pre-compiled DLLs obtained from
aspnet_compiler. When we access pages from the application, we still
see cached files created on the server, under
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET
\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files"
It looks like the framework does not use the precompiled files and
compiles on first access as usual.

are you sure thet the precompiled version is used?
How do we configure the application so that ASP .NET runs the pre-
compiled files?

Have u tried to publish site to the separate folder and check whether it
creates the temporary files?

BTW, what's wrong with the approach that ASP.net generate smth? This is standard
internal behavoiur of ASP.net

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

Ray

That's normal. It is using the precompiled files. Those
files though are just the code-behind classes from which
the final page must still derive, create a new dll, for the whole
pages to execute.

In 2.0 there is another compilation option called "Deployment
pre-compilation", which pre-compiles the whole thing. The downside
there though is that you'll have to pre-compile the whole web site for
every little change you make to it.