How to configure jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-win32-IIS?

Mika Myllyvirta

Hi,

Have somebody done this and would me willing to share info?

I have a webserver running IIS6. I have installed Tomcat 5.5.12. My
servlets and applets communicate fine throw port 8080. I would like to
change the port to 80 for tomcat. I have tried many configuration
tutorials, but usually IIS just stops serving.. So help is needed.

Cheers,
Mika

HalcyonWild

Mika said:
Hi,

Have somebody done this and would me willing to share info?

I have a webserver running IIS6. I have installed Tomcat 5.5.12. My
servlets and applets communicate fine throw port 8080. I would like to
change the port to 80 for tomcat. I have tried many configuration
tutorials, but usually IIS just stops serving.. So help is needed.

Cheers,
Mika

You can change the Tomcat port to 80 in server.xml of Tomcat. But for
IIS, you have to change the port from 80 to something else. Did you
change that. Both IIS and Tomcat cannot share the same port.

Mika Myllyvirta

Hi,

Actually I found a document (for J2EE newbies :) which explaind the
process of configurating the jk-connector for IIS and Tomcat. I managed
to do it. Now I have on a same server IIS and Tomcat, both listening on
port 80 (or to be specific, IIS forwards requests of special folders to
Tomcat and Tomcat replys throw IIS to the client. The communication
between IIS and Tomcat and MSSql server happens inside our firewall
throw other ports). So this solution makes it possible not to alter our
firewall configuration and to use servlets and jps!

Cheers,
Mika