How to configure -MCPAN to use FTP proxy server?

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Fred, May 8, 2005.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I need to install perl modules on some new servers that
    use an FTP proxy server. To manually FTP to a remote
    host, you need to use your active directory (ntid) in
    conjunction with the remote hosts user name and password
    like this:

    Username: remoteusername@ntid@remotehost
    Password: remotepassword@ntpassword

    How do you configure perl to handle installing modules
    using an FTP proxy? Essentially what I want to do is
    something like:

    perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::SNMP'

    I vaguely recall at one point being prompted for information
    about a proxy server, but I believe it was the first time
    I ran -MCPAN.

    -Thanks

    Fred, May 8, 2005