How to configure .Net Installer/Deployment project to install in different location to the default w

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by thatsMaBoy, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. thatsMaBoy

    thatsMaBoy Guest

    Hi,

    I have an ASP.Net web service application. The .Net installer (a
    deployment project) currently installs the web service in the Default
    Website area in IIS on the target server PC. This is ok when an
    organization uses separate IP Addresses for each hosted site, but not
    ok when the organization expects to host all sites using the same IP
    Address and use of host headers.

    The only options available to the user when installing are:

    1. Web Service folder - changing this value simply changes the fodler
    name containing the web service files
    2. Port to use - default of 80

    How do I configure the deployment project so that the user has the 2
    options above and also the ability to state a different installation
    area than under the default website.

    Thanks,

    Jimmy

    thatsMaBoy, Mar 8, 2006