How to configure .Net Installer/Deployment project to install in different location to the default w

thatsMaBoy

Hi,

I have an ASP.Net web service application. The .Net installer (a
deployment project) currently installs the web service in the Default
Website area in IIS on the target server PC. This is ok when an
organization uses separate IP Addresses for each hosted site, but not
ok when the organization expects to host all sites using the same IP
Address and use of host headers.

The only options available to the user when installing are:

1. Web Service folder - changing this value simply changes the fodler
name containing the web service files
2. Port to use - default of 80

How do I configure the deployment project so that the user has the 2
options above and also the ability to state a different installation
area than under the default website.

Thanks,

Jimmy