How to Configure users in asp.net

Sincere

Hello,

new to asp.net. I am having problems using the web application tool. I made
a test application, with a single page. I made the virtual directory in IIS.
And then from the solution explorer I selected the WAT tool link, and when I
click on the Security TAB it gives me the followin error.:

I also used the aspnet_regsql; it created a aspnetdb in one of the instance
in sql server 2005. Also, when I try to add a new sql database under
App_Data, It gives me a sql server express edition error; I don't have it
though.

ERROR :
"There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an
invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can
also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the
button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data
store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect
to SQL Server database. "

TIA.