How to configure Win2003 for ASP and COM+ Configuration

Belinda

I am trying to setup a COM+ application that runs some ASP
applications. The application vendor is telling me on my Win2003
server that COM+ and ASP as not been properly setup.

Can any of you please give me the steps to setup ASP and proper COM+
configuration on my Win2003 server running IIS6.

I am running from pillar to post for help.

Thanks
Belinda

Ken Schaefer

Please post to relevant groups only.

*Why* is your vendor telling you that COM+ is not setup properly? What are
the errors/symptoms that are occuring that is leading to them telling you
this?

Cheers
Ken

:
: Can any of you please give me the steps to setup ASP and proper COM+
: configuration on my Win2003 server running IIS6.
:
: I am running from pillar to post for help.
:
: Thanks
: Belinda

Phillip Windell

In 2003, the ASP component isn't installed in IIS by default,...you have to
add it your self to IIS using "Add Remove Programs" --> "Windows
Components". It may be the same situation for COM+.

The change in the default setup is due to security. It is the common sense
priniciple of only installing what is required initially so the machine is
more secure "out of the box". You then add the features you specifically
want for your specific needs after the initial installation.

Too many things in the previous 2000 were installed by default and often
weren't needed, and therefore were left running "untouched" in an unsecure
and non-fully configured state.