    I've tried to use the Data Wizard to connect to the Northwind sample database in Office. I can preview the data in the data adapter, but when I run the ASP page I get this error....

    The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\SAMPLES\Northwind.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

    Any help or links to resolve this would be appreciated......

    buzz, Jun 15, 2005

  2. That usually means that the ASP.NET account doesn't have Modify privileges
    where the Access file is located. Access needs to open a locking (.LDB) file
    so the current account has to have the right to create the file.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 15, 2005

  3. Hi Ken,

    I am developing an asp.net application using c# and asp.net 2.0 beta 2. I
    started developing this page usign beta1. In beta 1 I have written some code
    in Page_LoadComplete(object sender, EventArgs e) events of page. It was
    working fine. But after I installed beta 2.0 Page_LoadComplete events is not
    firing at all. Can u guide me how can I achieve this goal?

    Thankx in advance.
    Shailesh.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhaWxlc2g=?=, Jul 13, 2005