How to connect between JMX 1.0 and JMX 1.2

Discussion in 'Java' started by mike, Oct 25, 2007.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    Hi,

    In a weblogic server we have the following code to send a notification
    to an MBean.

    public void sendNotification(String id) throws Exception {
    mbsc.invoke(objectName, "sendAlarmNotification", null, null);

    }

    public void resetNotification(String id)throws Exception{
    mbsc.invoke(objectName,"resetAlarmNotification", null, null);
    }

    Weblogic uses JMX 1.0.

    Problem is to get a reference (mbsc) to the MBean that is located
    outside Weblogic server (WLS).

    The JMX Agent and the MBean is running in a separate JVM but on the
    same host as the WLS.
    It uses JMX 1.2 with the Remote API.

    Both use jdk 1.4.2.

    Any ideas how I can acess the MBeanServer to get a connection to my
    JMXAgent and MBean?

    In the Weblogic 8.1 docs I found the following:

    If your client accesses MBeans that are running in a separate JVM, use
    RemoteMBeanServer.
    (Interacts with non-WebLogic Server MBeans MBeanServer).

    But I cannot find any more hints.

    cheers,

    //mike
    mike, Oct 25, 2007