How to connect to .adp file

Is it possible to connect to a .adp file? I'm pulling data from a sql
server, but my files are stored on a different server? I'm not sure how
to connect across servers so I thought using an .adp file would be the
easiest solution?

Samuel R. Neff

ADP as in Access Data Project? They don't have any data--just
connection info to the MSSQL database. You're better off using
ADO.NET / SqlClient classes directly.

HTH,

Sam

Samuel said:
ADP as in Access Data Project? They don't have any data--just
connection info to the MSSQL database. You're better off using
ADO.NET / SqlClient classes directly.

HTH,

Sam

We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking Mid/Sr. .NET
Developers for exciting positions in medical product
development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

Thanks Sam - I was able to move my files over to the sql box, and
everything works fine except now I run in to a slightly different
issue. My application is designed to pull records using views and
stored procedures and display in excel. When I run my reports,
sometimes the incorrect file name comes up and displays the year (2007)
and then the file does not populate and provides an error message that
the file could not be found. When I run the stored procedure and views
directly from Query analyzer it takes about 23 seconds to run and
display results...sometimes it takes 10 minutes, depending on the
report. I feel like something is timing out on the front end user
interface but I don't know how to resolve this issue? Any ideas? I
originally thought this was SQL side, but now that I can run these
queries in a matter of minutes, I have to believe it is timing out or
something on the front end.

Samuel R. Neff

Since the question is unrelated I would suggest reposign it in a new
thread with an appropriately named subject.

Sam