How to consume a Java Web Service from VB 6

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Devender Thadkapalli, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I am trying to consume a web service (Apache) using wsdl file from vb 6.
    I have tried Low-Level and High Level calls
    But I could not succeed.

    Can some one help me please.

    I am getting the Connector:Connection time out Error.
    If I start MsSoapT3.exe and Set Trace Host to "169.242.82.87" and Port
    number "8080" It works perfectly.

    But as soon as I close the MsSoapT3, none of the methods work. Please
    help me.

    Dim SoapClient As MSSOAPLib30.SoapClient30
    Dim XMLDoc As MSXML2.DOMDocument40
    Dim vCol As Collection
    Dim abc As Variant

    Set SoapClient = New MSSOAPLib30.SoapClient30

    Set XMLDoc = New MSXML2.DOMDocument40
    SoapClient.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = True

    Call
    SoapClient.MSSoapInit("http://169.242.82.87:8080/apex/CurveWebService.ws
    dl",
    "CurveWebServiceService", "CurveWebService")

    SoapClient.ConnectorProperty("Timeout") = 30000
    SoapClient.ConnectorProperty("UseSSL") = 0

    abc = SoapClient.getCurve("EMGLN", "YC_EUR_LIBOR", "GDAXML")

    XMLDoc.validateOnParse = False
    XMLDoc.LoadXml abc

    Thanks
    Dev