how to consume .NET webservice

bav

question from a python newbie;

how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
a string array as parameter in some easy steps?

best regards

Mike Driscoll

question from a python newbie;

  how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
  a string array as parameter in some easy steps?

best regards

You're being pretty vague here. Try using Google first...I got plenty
of hits with "python .net web service". This one sounds good:

http://www.beardygeek.com/2009/01/how-to-call-a-net-webservice-using-python/

It sounds like you consume it much like you do with other web
services...find the API and use Python to access it or create a parser
of some sort.

Mike

Diez B. Roggisch

bav said:
question from a python newbie;

how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
a string array as parameter in some easy steps?

Try accessing the .NET-service using a .NET client, and capture the
traffic (it speaks volumes that the apache axis project offers a
HTTP-proxy for exactly that purposes, tcpmon). Then use an
XML-templating language such as genshi & create the messages yourself.

Sounds awkward and complicated? It is. As I said in another post: the
"S" stands for simple...

Diez

namekuseijin

namekuseijin schrieb:
 > Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
 >> namekuseijin schrieb:

 >>> Unless Microsoft extended the standard in any way, then it should
be just as you consume any web service, I guess. ;)

 >> Microsoft *created* the standard..
 >
 > No:

Yes:

http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/2001/04/04/soap.html

You are right, sorry.
MS created it. That it *became* a standard of the W3C later - well, they
did that with OOXML as well...

OpenOfficeXML document format AKA ODF? ;)

Дамјан ГеоргиевÑки

OpenOfficeXML document format AKA ODF? ;)
No...Office Open XML, which is used in Microsoft Office 2007 and which
Microsoft rammed through the ISO:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Open_XML

Even worse, Microsoft Office 2007 doesn't even implement the ISO
standard for Open XML.

--
дамјан ( http://softver.org.mk/damjan/ )

Our national drug is alcohol,
we tend to regard the use any other drug with special horror.
-- William S. Burroughs