    how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
    a string array as parameter in some easy steps?

    best regards
    bav, May 11, 2009

  2. On May 11, 3:09 pm, "bav" <> wrote:
    > question from a python newbie;
    >
    >   how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
    >   a string array as parameter in some easy steps?
    >
    > best regards

    You're being pretty vague here. Try using Google first...I got plenty
    of hits with "python .net web service". This one sounds good:

    http://www.beardygeek.com/2009/01/how-to-call-a-net-webservice-using-python/

    It sounds like you consume it much like you do with other web
    services...find the API and use Python to access it or create a parser
    of some sort.

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, May 11, 2009

  3. namekuseijin schrieb:
    > bav escreveu:
    >> question from a python newbie;
    >>
    >> how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
    >> a string array as parameter in some easy steps?

    > Unless Microsoft extended the standard in any way, then it should be
    > just as you consume any web service, I guess. ;)

    Microsoft *created* the standard.. .and how feasible it is to work with
    it, see this :

    http://72.249.21.88/nonintersecting/?year=2006&monthnum=11&day=15&name=the-s-stands-for-simple&page=

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, May 11, 2009
  4. namekuseijin schrieb:
    > Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
    >> namekuseijin schrieb:

    >>> Unless Microsoft extended the standard in any way, then it should be
    >>> just as you consume any web service, I guess. ;)

    >> Microsoft *created* the standard..

    > No:

    Yes:

    http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/2001/04/04/soap.html

    MS created it. That it *became* a standard of the W3C later - well, they
    did that with OOXML as well...

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, May 12, 2009

    Diez B. Roggisch, May 12, 2009
  6. bav schrieb:
    > question from a python newbie;
    >
    > how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
    > a string array as parameter in some easy steps?

    Try accessing the .NET-service using a .NET client, and capture the
    traffic (it speaks volumes that the apache axis project offers a
    HTTP-proxy for exactly that purposes, tcpmon). Then use an
    XML-templating language such as genshi & create the messages yourself.

    Sounds awkward and complicated? It is. As I said in another post: the
    "S" stands for simple...

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, May 12, 2009
  7. bav

    namekuseijin Guest

    On May 12, 4:12 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <> wrote:
    > namekuseijin schrieb:
    >  > Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
    >  >> namekuseijin schrieb:
    >  >>> bav escreveu:
    >  >>>> question from a python newbie;
    >  >>>>
    >  >>>>   how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
    >  >>>>   a string array as parameter in some easy steps?
    >  >>>
    >  >>> Unless Microsoft extended the standard in any way, then it should
    > be just as you consume any web service, I guess. ;)
    >  >>
    >  >> Microsoft *created* the standard..
    >  >
    >  > No:
    >
    > Yes:
    >
    > http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/2001/04/04/soap.html

    You are right, sorry.

    > MS created it. That it *became* a standard of the W3C later - well, they
    > did that with OOXML as well...

    OpenOfficeXML document format AKA ODF? ;)
    namekuseijin, May 12, 2009
  8. On May 12, 12:54 pm, namekuseijin <> wrote:
    > On May 12, 4:12 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <> wrote:
    >

    > > namekuseijin schrieb:
    > >  > Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
    > >  >> namekuseijin schrieb:
    > >  >>> bav escreveu:
    > >  >>>> question from a python newbie;
    > >  >>>>
    > >  >>>>   how can i consume in python language, a .NET web service, passing
    > >  >>>>   a string array as parameter in some easy steps?
    > >  >>>
    > >  >>> Unless Microsoft extended the standard in any way, then it should
    > > be just as you consume any web service, I guess. ;)
    > >  >>
    > >  >> Microsoft *created* the standard..
    > >  >
    > >  > No:

    > > Yes:

    > >http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/2001/04/04/soap.html

    > You are right, sorry.
    >
    > > MS created it. That it *became* a standard of the W3C later - well, they
    > > did that with OOXML as well...

    > OpenOfficeXML document format AKA ODF? ;)

    No...Office Open XML, which is used in Microsoft Office 2007 and which
    Microsoft rammed through the ISO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Open_XML

    - Mike
    Mike Driscoll, May 12, 2009
  9. >> OpenOfficeXML document format AKA ODF? ;)

    > No...Office Open XML, which is used in Microsoft Office 2007 and which
    > Microsoft rammed through the ISO:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Open_XML

    Even worse, Microsoft Office 2007 doesn't even implement the ISO
    standard for Open XML.

    --
    дамјан ( http://softver.org.mk/damjan/ )

    Our national drug is alcohol,
    we tend to regard the use any other drug with special horror.
    -- William S. Burroughs
    Дамјан ГеоргиевÑки, May 14, 2009