How to consume Web Services in Mobile Applications?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Vijay, May 12, 2004.

1. Vijay

Vijay Guest

Hi

I am developing Web application using ASP.NET. I have created a web service which I am using in my ASP.NET application.I have to develop the same Application (with limited features) for mobiles and other compact devices. I am using mobile forms to create the mobile application. I am facing the problem with how to create reference of the web service in mobile forms
    I have VS.NET with .NET framework 1.0 which do not support mobile applications. I think VS.NET with .NET framework 1.1 supports it. So I am using WebMatrix with .NET Framework 1.1 which is supporting mobile application, but it does not have option to create "web references" as we have in VS.NET IDE
    Hence I needed a sample application to demonstrate the consumption of web services in mobile application. Once I demonstrate successfully, I will ask to my manager to take licensed copy of VS.NET with .NET framework 1.1 for main application development

Please help me in this regard

Thanks
    Vijay

Vijay, May 12, 2004
    1. Advertising