    I shall be thankful to you if you can help me in this.

    Thanks & Best Regards,
    Akg

    Alok Gupta, Jan 17, 2007

  2. Try this:

    http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-p/system/processesmodules/article.php/c5715/

    AliR.

    AliR \(VC++ MVP\), Jan 17, 2007

  3. Alok Gupta

    santosh Guest

    Alok Gupta wrote:
    > Hi There,
    >
    > I want to develop a small software which can control process execution
    > as AntiVirus does. That is as soon as any process start execution/
    > started /executed , my software will put this process in hanging and
    > display the process information on screen with option to kill it or
    > allow the execution.
    >
    > I shall be thankful to you if you can help me in this.

    This group discusses ISO C which has no concept of multiple processes,
    let alone controlling them. What you're trying to do is deeply OS
    specific. Post to a group that is devoted to your platform like
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 or comp.unix.programmer etc.

    santosh, Jan 17, 2007
  4. Alok Gupta

    CBFalconer Guest

    Alok Gupta wrote:

    > I want to develop a small software which can control process
    > execution as AntiVirus does. That is as soon as any process
    > start execution/ started /executed , my software will put this
    > process in hanging and display the process information on
    > screen with option to kill it or allow the execution.

    You are off-topic in comp.lang.*. You are also incoherent.
    Follow-ups set.

    Please observe topicality in cross-posts, and set follow-ups to a
    single news-group.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Jan 17, 2007
  5. "Alok Gupta" <> wrote in message
    > Hi There,
    >
    > I want to develop a small software which can control process execution
    > as AntiVirus does. That is as soon as any process start execution/
    > started /executed , my software will put this process in hanging and
    > display the process information on screen with option to kill it or
    > allow the execution.
    >
    > I shall be thankful to you if you can help me in this.

    a)First, wrong newsgroup. There is a newsgroup somewhere out there for
    Windows programming -- I think it has Win32 in the name.

    b)Second, the classic beginning reference on Windows programming (if you
    don't have it already) is the book by Charles Petzold. That may get you
    started. I don't know what is the standard recommending reading after that.

    c)Third, it is my understanding that the entire Windows API is on
    Microsoft's site. I understand the API has grown quite large over time --
    something like 3,300 different calls into the operating system are possible.
    But Microsoft's site may be of some help.

    Advice above offered without warranty.

    Most important point: wrong newsgroup!

    --
    David T. Ashley ()
    http://www.e3ft.com (Consulting Home Page)

    David T. Ashley, Jan 17, 2007
  6. "Lane Straatman" <> wrote in message

    > "CBFalconer" <> wrote in message
    >> Alok Gupta wrote:

    > [whatever]
    >> You are off-topic in comp.lang.*. You are also incoherent.
    >> Follow-ups set.
    >>
    >> Please observe topicality in cross-posts, and set follow-ups to a
    >> single news-group.

    > If OP is MS MVP, then I'm the queen of england. LS

    Lane your majesty, you are a comic genius.

    So the poor guy made a mistake, how is all this cross posting helping him
    understand that he shouldn't cross post. I made a mistake of hitting reply
    without looking at the newsgroup list.

    AliR.

    AliR \(VC++ MVP\), Jan 18, 2007