    image string to a *.gif file in ASP.Net?

    Thank you

    hb

    hb, Sep 28, 2004

  2. hb

    Shiva Guest

    See if this helps: http://vsdntips.com/Tips/VS.NET/Csharp/76.aspx

    "hb" <> wrote in message

    Would you please give me some idea to convert/decode a Base 64 encoded GIF

    Shiva, Sep 28, 2004

  3. hb

    hb Guest

    Hi, Shiva,

    Thank you for the help!

    I tried the code mentioned in the link page you gave me. But I got the
    following error:
    ===
    System.ArgumentException: Invalid parameter used. at
    System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean
    useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData) at
    System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean
    useEmbeddedColorManagement) at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream
    stream)
    ===

    Here is the code I used:
    ---
    string sLabel=UPS.UPSShipLabelHtml(); //get Base 64 encoded image string
    string sTrackNum=UPS.UPSTrackNum();
    if(sLabel.Trim().Length>0)
    {
    string sf="label"+sTrackNum+".gif";
    Byte[] bitmapData=new Byte[sLabel.Length];

    //take out space and "\r\n" from sLabel
    bitmapData=Convert.FromBase64String(UPS.CleanBase64Image(sLabel));
    System.IO.MemoryStream memStream=new System.IO.MemoryStream(bitmapData);
    System.Drawing.Bitmap bitImage=new
    System.Drawing.Bitmap((System.Drawing.Bitmap)System.Drawing.Image.FromStream
    (memStream));
    bitImage.Save(MapPath("/docs/"+sf));
    }
    ---

    Would you please help me to figure out the problem?

    Thank you

    hb

    hb, Sep 28, 2004
  4. hb

    Shiva Guest

    Hi,
    Make sure the Base64 string represents a valid image.

    Shiva, Sep 28, 2004
  5. hb

    hb Guest

    Hi, Shiva,

    Yes, the Base64 string does represent a valid GIF image.

    Do you know why the parameter I used in FromStream() is invalid?
    It is a MemoryStream object.

    Thank you

    hb

    hb, Sep 28, 2004
  6. hb

    Shiva Guest

    Ok, going deeper, what about the stream that you pass to FromStream() - is
    it null by chance? Is the bitmapData array ok?

    Shiva, Sep 28, 2004
  7. hb

    hb Guest

    Shiva,

    I checked the data. bitmapData is OK and memStream.ToArray().Length=1852.
    Why FromStream() complaints about the parameter?

    hb

    hb, Sep 28, 2004