How to convert latex-based docs written with Python 2.5 to 2.6 framework

Michael Ströder

HI!

I had a look on how Doc/ is organized with Python 2.6. There are files with
suffix .rst. Hmm...

I'm maintaing existing docs for python-ldap which I might have to convert to
the new concept in the long run. What's the recommended procedure for doing
so? Any pointer?

Ciao, Michael.

Gabriel Genellina

I had a look on how Doc/ is organized with Python 2.6. There are files
with
suffix .rst. Hmm...

I'm maintaing existing docs for python-ldap which I might have to
convert to
the new concept in the long run. What's the recommended procedure for
doing
so? Any pointer?

Ask in the doc-sig mailing list. I'm sure there are some tools to help
converting latex->rst

Waldemar Osuch

HI!

I had a look on how Doc/ is organized with Python 2.6. There are files with
suffix .rst. Hmm...

I'm maintaing existing docs for python-ldap which I might have to convert to
the new concept in the long run. What's the recommended procedure for doing
so? Any pointer?

Ciao, Michael.

I found the original python docs converter here:
http://svn.python.org/projects/doctools/converter/

Unfortunately it is very specific to the Python docs :)
I did try to run it on python-ldap .tex files and I was partially
successful.
It has produced a skeleton of the docs in the new format.
After couple of hours of manual conversion I got far enough to
actually
see some results.

Whatever I did is definitely not in finished state but it could be a
start.
Send me an off-line email if you are interested in what I have got so
far.

Waldemar