usenet

Steve said:
would be willing to pay for this help if needed

Then you might consider posting this at jobs.perl.org

It would be helpful if you can properly describe (or post a sample link
to) your data files.

usenet

Steve said:
I have searched everywhere for information on how to convert MetaStock
formatted files into ASCII files.

Hmmm. Out of curiosity, I typed "metastock format" into Google and
this appeared near the top of the list (and the list seemed to include
other promising links as well)

http://www.datasharks.biz/DataConverter_Info.php

I'm not sure what sort of search tecnnique you're using...

Steve D

Thank you for the info on where to post looking for a programmer. I
have uploaded a zip file to:
http://firstvolgainvestments.com/Documents/MetaStock_Format.zip
It contains all of the info I have. I have been teaching myself Perl
for 2 months now and would like to write a script to process these
files. However I still do not quite understand what i have found in my
searches.

BTW I have most of the commercial programs (DataSharks, mimansoor
command line program, and some others).

I will post a job posting in a month if I am unable to understand what
I am reading. Thanks for any help.