    to convert into csv files. Any help would be appreciated (I am under a
    lot of time pressure here and would be willing to pay for this help -
    if needed). Thanks in advance.

    Steve D, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Steve D

    Guest

    Then you might consider posting this at jobs.perl.org

    It would be helpful if you can properly describe (or post a sample link
    to) your data files.

    --
    http://DavidFilmer.com

    , Jan 9, 2006

  3. Steve D

    Guest

    Steve D wrote:
    > I have searched everywhere for information on how to convert MetaStock
    > formatted files into ASCII files.

    Hmmm. Out of curiosity, I typed "metastock format" into Google and
    this appeared near the top of the list (and the list seemed to include
    other promising links as well)

    http://www.datasharks.biz/DataConverter_Info.php

    I'm not sure what sort of search tecnnique you're using...

    , Jan 9, 2006
  4. Steve D

    Dr.Ruud Guest

    Dr.Ruud, Jan 9, 2006
  5. Steve D

    Steve D Guest

    Thank you for the info on where to post looking for a programmer. I
    have uploaded a zip file to:
    http://firstvolgainvestments.com/Documents/MetaStock_Format.zip
    It contains all of the info I have. I have been teaching myself Perl
    for 2 months now and would like to write a script to process these
    files. However I still do not quite understand what i have found in my
    searches.

    BTW I have most of the commercial programs (DataSharks, mimansoor
    command line program, and some others).

    I will post a job posting in a month if I am unable to understand what
    I am reading. Thanks for any help.

    Steve D, Jan 10, 2006