  1. Hi,

    what is the best way to convert rtf documents into html?

    Zsolt
    Zsolt Koppany, Aug 2, 2007

  2. Zsolt Koppany

    Stefan Ram Guest

    "Zsolt Koppany" <> writes:
    >what is the best way to convert rtf documents into html?

    My semantic net knows three programs that can read RTF.

    o :concept/software/majix %
    o :concept/software/RTF2FO %
    o :concept/software/ScroogeXHTML %

    http://purl.net/stefan_ram/garnoo/XOCATALOGUEXOYTREEGXOPROGRAMMINGXOLANGUAGEXSYRYTYFXOREADER

    As one can see there, this includes at least two that are
    available as Java libraries.

    An RTF document is written with Java as follows.

    new java,io.FileWriter( "example.rtf" ).
    append( "{\\rtf\\ansi Hi!\\par}" ).close();

    General information about RTF:

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140277(office.10,d=printer).aspx
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140297(office.10,d=printer).aspx
    http://latex2rtf.sourceforge.net/rtfspec_45.html
    Stefan Ram, Aug 2, 2007

  3. Zsolt Koppany

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    On Aug 2, 6:06 am, "Zsolt Koppany" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > what is the best way to convert rtf documents into html?
    >
    > Zsolt

    Open it in Word, and then save as HTML? Ofcourse word produces
    TERRIBLE HTML.

    Then again , RTF is designed as a style markup, and HTML is desiged as
    a semantic markup. They aren't exactly compatible. Most people can
    see RTF, anyway, why convert to HTML? Perhaps you'd be better off
    converting to PDF, if you're really concerned about webability.
    Daniel Pitts, Aug 2, 2007
  4. Stefan,

    I want to write html files from rtf ones.

    Zsolt

    Zsolt Koppany, Aug 2, 2007
  5. Daniel,

    I need to display the rtf document in browsers with other texts thus pdf is
    not an option.

    Zsolt

    Zsolt Koppany, Aug 2, 2007