How to convert types between axis skeleton and POJO facade service generically

Discussion in 'Java' started by cmi@ch.ibm.com, Apr 9, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello everybody,

    We have the following scenario:
    - We have POJO-based java services ("POJO facades"), wired with Spring
    - Then we developped a WSDL file with doc/literal wrapped style (best
    way for interop with .NET)
    - Axis 1.3 WSDL2Java generates skeleton class and other helpers
    - The skeleton class exends ServletEndpointSupport and is able to
    obtain the spring application context
    - A call to a method on the skeleton is forwarded to the POJO service

    Now we have the problem, that parameters and return types always have
    to be converted between the skeleton (generated from the WSDL) and the
    POJO facades. This is because (among other reasons) the web service
    interface is simpler than the POJO facade services.

    My question is now, if someone has suggestions for a generic way to map
    properties between beans on the skeleton and beans on the POJO facade.
    The properties of the beans to be mapped often have different names
    (internal domain specific names and external names for web service
    consumers).

    Thank you very much for any suggestion.
    Christoph
    , Apr 9, 2006