How to convert XML to XSLT & XSL-FO to be used by FOP ?

krislioe

Hi all,

If I have XML file, how can I convert it into XML to XSLT & XSL-FO to
be used by FOP ?
Is it hand coded or is there any other way ?

Thank you for any help,
xtanto

Jon

Hi all,

If I have XML file, how can I convert it into XML to XSLT & XSL-FO to
be used by FOP ?
Is it hand coded or is there any other way ?

Thank you for any help,
xtanto

You wouldn't convert XML to XSLT. Rather, you would need to write the
XSLT document to dictate the rules for conversion. You would then run
an XSLT converter and specify your document as well as the style sheet
to produce the desired result. There are several java based XSLT
processors available including Saxon. You could also invoke xsltproc
to do this.

There are some very good tutorials for writing XSLT at w3c.org.

Regards,

Jon Trauntvein