    Thank you for any help,
    xtanto
    , Mar 21, 2007

  2. Jon Guest

    On Mar 21, 5:50 am, wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > If I have XML file, how can I convert it into XML to XSLT & XSL-FO to
    > be used by FOP ?
    > Is it hand coded or is there any other way ?
    >
    > Thank you for any help,
    > xtanto

    You wouldn't convert XML to XSLT. Rather, you would need to write the
    XSLT document to dictate the rules for conversion. You would then run
    an XSLT converter and specify your document as well as the style sheet
    to produce the desired result. There are several java based XSLT
    processors available including Saxon. You could also invoke xsltproc
    to do this.

    There are some very good tutorials for writing XSLT at w3c.org.

    Regards,

    Jon Trauntvein