How to convert xmlDocPtr to char * or .xml file

Discussion in 'XML' started by Bipin Mistry, Jun 21, 2006.

  1. Bipin Mistry

    Bipin Mistry Guest

    Hello all,

    I an new to XML read-write, and I am using "LibXml2" to work around
    with XML data.

    I am having 2 task to do (development in c++ using
    libxml2-2.6.24.win32)
    1. To read & parse XML data received in the form of char *
    2. To create char * from the row data I have in my own created
    structure that I am porting to xmlDocPtr type.

    I have already done Task 1successfully and able to get all the data
    from the child nodes and their attributes.
    But having bit trouble with task 2 as current vision says that I can
    create xmlDocPtr with the data but don't know the way to convert that
    xmlDocPtr in to char *. Which I need to send it to other module of my
    project.

    Can any one please help me out as to how can I convert xmlDocPtr to
    char *
    If xmlDocPtr can be directly create XML file then this will also do as
    I will read the file again in form of char * to solve my purpose.

    Thanks in advance.
    bipin Mistry.

    Bipin Mistry, Jun 21, 2006