How to convert xmlDocPtr to char * or .xml file

Bipin Mistry

Hello all,

I an new to XML read-write, and I am using "LibXml2" to work around
with XML data.

I am having 2 task to do (development in c++ using
libxml2-2.6.24.win32)
1. To read & parse XML data received in the form of char *
2. To create char * from the row data I have in my own created
structure that I am porting to xmlDocPtr type.

I have already done Task 1successfully and able to get all the data
from the child nodes and their attributes.
But having bit trouble with task 2 as current vision says that I can
create xmlDocPtr with the data but don't know the way to convert that
xmlDocPtr in to char *. Which I need to send it to other module of my
project.

Can any one please help me out as to how can I convert xmlDocPtr to
char *
If xmlDocPtr can be directly create XML file then this will also do as
I will read the file again in form of char * to solve my purpose.

Thanks in advance.
bipin Mistry.