How to copy a file from one machine to another machine

Nico Grubert

Hi there,

I would like to copy a file from one machine (machine #01) to another
(machine #02).

machine #01: Suse Linux 9.2, Samba 3, Python 2.3.5
machine #02: Windows Machine, Destination Dir: <Share>\temp\files\

Both machines are in one network so they can communicate each other. In
order to be able to write a file in the directory on Machine #02 I need
to be the user "myadmin".

In a short Python program I create the source file on Machine #01 like this:

filecontent = 'This is just a test...'
# my own helper method to generate a unique filename
filename = createUniqueFilename()
f = open('/var/files/' + filename, 'w')
f.write(filecontent)
f.close()

Every time a new source file has been created it needs to be copied or
moved from machine #01 to machine #02.
Are there Python modules which help me doing this job? Any examples how
to do that would be very helpful.

Kind regards and many thanks in advance,
Nico

Markus Rosenstihl

Hi
I think scp is also a solution. I am sure there exist free sshserveres
for windows. THat would make the stuff a bit more secure, and the login
can be automated via public-key.

Regards
Markus