How to creat a better banner add.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Duke the Coward, Dec 5, 2004.

  1. Duke the Coward, Dec 5, 2004

  2. Duke the Coward

    Richard Guest

    Duke the Coward wrote:

    > I have written a web page that scrolls across the whole screen,
    > resets, and then scrolls again. It defenitely gets the user's
    > attention and is banner add compatible. I don't mind you using the
    > source code.

    > http://www.geocities.com/overlord_77520/national_security_dhtml.html

    Extremely annoying for sure.
    Just your basic Marquee thing.
    Great for some text, but graphics? Yuck!
    Richard, Dec 5, 2004

  3. Duke the Coward

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Duke the Coward wrote:
    > I have written a web page that scrolls across the whole screen,
    > resets, and then scrolls again. It defenitely gets the user's
    > attention and is banner add compatible.

    You forgot to mention that it is a truly awful technique and should
    never be unleashed on the poor unsuspecting public. It took up so much
    CPU power on this poor little laptop that it was a job just to close the
    browser window! Did I say it's truly awful? I did? well anyway, it *is*
    truly awful.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Dec 5, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    says...
    > I have written a web page that scrolls across the whole screen,
    > resets, and then scrolls again. It defenitely gets the user's
    > attention and is banner add compatible. I don't mind you using the
    > source code.

    I take it you're trolling?

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 5, 2004
  5. On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:59:39 -0800, Duke the Coward wrote:

    > I have written a web page that scrolls across the whole screen,
    > resets, and then scrolls again. It defenitely gets the user's
    > attention and is banner add compatible. I don't mind you using the
    > source code.
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/overlord_77520/national_security_dhtml.html

    This sucks and your webmaster license should be revoked.

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Drop "PANTS" to reply by email
    Jeffrey Silverman, Dec 6, 2004
  6. Duke the Coward wrote:
    > I have written a web page that scrolls across the whole screen,
    > resets, and then scrolls again. It defenitely gets the user's
    > attention and is banner add compatible. I don't mind you using the
    > source code.
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/overlord_77520/national_security_dhtml.html

    If creating awful things was a crime, you would be in prison for the
    next ∞ years.
    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 6, 2004
  7. Duke the Coward

    Neal Guest